Thursday, February 18, 2010

Knit mitts and bunnies



























My friend Sam just finished her Masters in Pathobiology, and she's having a celebration party tomorrow night. I decided I should make her a little something. I don't have a lot of time, so I'm in the process of making her this tiny little knit bunny! I found a pattern online, and couldn't resist. I've adjusted it a bit by making it a tiny bit bigger and giving the bunny a blue shirt. Sam wants to go to Veterinary College, so animals are appropriate.

Speaking of knitting, I've been knitting a specific mitten pattern non-stop since August. One of the girls I worked with at the art gallery (Jocelyn!) gave me a pattern for Honeycomb mittens, which she got in Nova Scotia. I was hooked, and decided to knit them as presents for Christmas. I think I've knit 6 pairs. I thought I was done with them once Christmas passed, but then Cassel, one of my friend Amanada's roommates, said she'd trade me her old keyboard for a pair of mitts. So I was roped into knitting more. I FINALLY finished them last night.




































The yellow pair were the first ones I knit, the green and grey pair second. The other ones I gave away were more varied in colour. Cassel's mitts were knit from my leftover yarn.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha,I have been stuck knitting the same pattern over and over again too!
I think the woman at the yarn store thinks I'm nuts going in and buying yarn one skein at a time!
miss ya!
Jocelyn

Related Posts with Thumbnails