Friday, July 2, 2010

canal houses, camp, clay, cat.



























I bought this print at the Urban Art Festival in Amsterdam. Its by Laura Amiss, originally from England but now living in Amsterdam. I just framed the print and hung it on the wall, and I love it!

So while I was away I was worrying about what I'd do for a summer job. I hate job hunting. Ick. Luckily, the Art Gallery of Hamilton emailed me, and asked if I'd like to help out with the summer art camp again and weekend workshops. How convenient! Last year I was the full time summer student (a government grant position), but now it will be part time (there's only 2 weeks of summer camp, and I won't be needed every weekend). I'm going to try and see if I can find another part-time-ish job to fill some of my weekdays, but we'll see.

Also, I signed up for the Dundas Valley School of Art pottery class, and I'm excited about that! It starts next week and is every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-9:30pm until the first week of August. Yay clay! I'm also hoping to make some embroidered pieces to restart my etsy shop again. It has been dormant since last spring, so now that I have my time on my hands I'm going to try and make this the summer of making stuff!

Oh, and also, Erick and I are going to get a cat. I'm super excited. We decided this a loooong time ago, but just wanted to wait until our big vacay had passed. So hopefully we'll be visiting the humane society this Tuesday (Erick will be post call and therefore have the day off) and returning with a new friend. KITTY!!

Now its cottage time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails