Tuesday, September 7, 2010

john and betty


































































I should have known I'd be too pooped at the end of today to do any comprehensive post. School is tiring! But, I do have these two photos of my grandparents when they were young. For my first Dye and Print class today we were told to bring in a photo of some significance, so I brought in this photo of my grandma. She was a hottie, eh? I think so. So glamourous. Her friends called her "legs" since she was very tall and had nice legs. Fact. She studied art at school but then had to quit at age 17 to take care of her brother and father when her mum died suddenly. Then she married the boy next door, who became a doctor, and they had 5 kids. Then the kids flew the coop and she took up pottery. She's an amazing gourmet cook also, and still makes the most delicious meals. She's very pleased that I'm going the artistic route career-wise. And initially she wasn't too pleased that Erick was going to be a doctor, since she had a doctor husband and didn't love it. But she's warmed up to it. That is all.

Oh, and I also wanted to give a shout out to Hollie at Love It A Lot for including me in her list of fave local blogs! And for all the kind words! Too nice. Well, Hollie and Jane, your blog is definitely my favourite local read.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails