Monday, November 8, 2010

wedding bells




























































































And so it begins. The planning/figuring out of le grand jour. I can already understand why some people elope (and why we considered doing so ourselves momentarily). So. Much. Planning. So many expectations. And too many unwritten wedding rules that I am completely unaware of. Not that I'm necessarily going to follow them anyways.

In a nutshell: we're planning to have a medium sized wedding (100 people give or take). I want it to happen outside/in a barn/in the country, but we'll see about that. I want major DIY and streamers and paper chains and fabric garlands. Late August is probably the date. Tasty food is a must, as is a live band (with karaoke). And my brother performing some klezmer music on his accordion for good measure.

AND I could go for a dress that is the same as Grace Kelly's in "To Catch a Thief". I wasn't one of those people that dreamed of my wedding my entire life. In fact I never even really thought about it until a couple of years ago. But when I first saw "To Catch a Thief" a long time ago, I remember thinking "That dress is gorgeous, I would totally wear that as my wedding dress". And I still think that. In fact, I'd be ok with being Grace Kelly on my wedding day. I'm not sure if that can be arranged though.

p.s. I am all ears when it comes to suggestions for caterers, bands, venues, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails