Wednesday, December 22, 2010

the river cottage meat book.








Last night Erick and I were in a cozy christmassy mood, so we decided to open the presents we gave each other early. I'll show you what Erick gave me later, once it's up on the wall (yes, it's another piece of art! i love it. no such thing as too much art). In the meantime, this is what I gave Erick. The River Cottage Meat Book by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. I had no intention of getting Erick a book, but when I saw this I thought that it would be a good gift for him. Erick loves meat, and he is probably the reason I haven't turned vegetarian yet. He's been very good about cutting down his carnivorous tendencies dramatically, but he still enjoys a good steak/roast chicken/lamb chop. Not only are the photos in this book beautiful, but it also addresses the morals of eating meat, where to find naturally raised happy meat, how to prepare it, cook it, etc. It's more than just a recipe book, it's a full on instruction guide to thoughtfully eating animals. So if you're still desperately hunting for a last minute gift (especially for dads...dads are so hard to buy for!!), this might be the ticket!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

this looks like a great book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails