Last night (at around...oh, 3am) I finished my bag project. I really only got full swing into making the final bags (including machine applique of string, dying, etc) Friday evening since I had other assignments due before then. The purple one is dyed with logwood, the pinkish one is dyed with madder, the other I left undyed. I haven't seriously sewn a 3 dimensional object in quite some time, so it took a lot of trial and error (and excessive use of my seam ripper) to get them finished. I have a bad habit of sewing things together before thoroughly thinking over what I'm about to do. Bad. Oh, and domestic sewing machines aren't the biggest lovers of leather. But I got my machine to accept the fact that it had to sew me some leather straps. And it did eventually. I don't have any pictures of the inside, but I have to say I'm a big fan of the lining and my zipper pockets.
All in all I'm happy with my little collection of duffle bags.
p.s. I apologize for the photo quality. I took them with my iphone, and now the bags are in our textile show at the school's gallery, so I don't have them at home with my to take better pictures. I'll post more later.