Monday, March 9, 2009

Moving pictures!

I was scrounging up some cool videos to send to my bro yesterday, and these were some I really liked:

Bathtub IV from Keith Loutit onVimeo.
He makes these cool videos that look like miniature stop animation but are in fact real full scale people/things/scenes going about their daily lives. Super cool.

Uploaded by lablogotheque
This Blogoteque video of Bon Iver performing live in Paris is great.

and speaking of videos....

Erick and I watched more movies this weekend than we have in months. Which wasn't actually that many I suppose. We saw the Watchmen on Friday night after having some delicious all you can eat Sushi and a new place we found in Oakville. Thoroughly enjoyed that movie, it followed the book extremely accurately and was cast really well, and was just plain good. Would recommend it. 

Yesterday we watched Waltz With Bashir as our matinee film. It was basically a documentary on the Sabra and Shatila massacre in Beirut in 1982 in the form of an animated movie. It was really interesting, both in content and imagery. I'd recommend this as well.


And lastly we watched Revolutionary Road right before bed last night. It was also really good, even if Leonardo DiCaprio bugs me a bit. I'd also highly recommend it.

So all in all we had a great weekend watching 3 great movies, all of which were sorta downers, though all really interesting. And we made delicious curry last night. The end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails