Friday, May 22, 2009

Karlstad


Door Sixteen has Ikea's KARLSTAD sofa. I've been searching reviews and photos of KARLSTAD ever since Erick sorta decided he wants to buy it instead of a cheap used couch on craigslist/kijiji. I really like the look of the couch. I just want to be sure that it will last for years (specifically at least until Erick finishes residency, about another 6 years from now). The arrangement of Door Sixteen's room in the above photo is very similar to Erick's new living room in terms of fireplace arrangement and proportions. Last night (after a trip to Ikea for both dinner and checking out Karlstad in person) we went and bought two chairs at Value Village, which I'll be recovering. I'll post pictures later. Anyhoo, now we have plans for a specific couch, and two chairs, so I'm picturing the living room being arranged something like the above picture. I CAN'T WAIT until next Sunday and the following week when we can finally move in.

Recently I've been stressing about multiple things. E.g. moving my stuff, and Erick's stuff into the new place, moving stuff into storage, moving stuff to Thornhill (perhaps), searching for a couch, debating what the best upholstery fabric would be for a Karlstad couch, searching for a @$#% job (GAH), checking my email every 2 seconds to see if I've heard back about a job, waiting for that commission lady to get back to me, waiting for our landlord to get back to us about whether we can have an extra week to move, stressing about the fact that I don't think I really have time to do that table anymore, stressing about the fact that maybe I'll actually have all the time in the world to make it since I have no job yet. Oh, and stressing because Erick's rear bumper was cracked and dented when I looked at it this morning after driving back from Hamilton to Oakville. AH! I know I didn't do it though, I'm definitely would have felt that. I think someone backed into it while it was parked on the street overnight. Ungh.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails