Friday, June 19, 2009

A JOB!


HAPPINESS! I am so happy! I had an interview at the Art Gallery of Hamilton today for position as Summer Camp Co-ordinator and Admin assistant, and I just got a call from them saying I GOT THE JOB!!! I AM SO HAPPY! I've been jobless for too long, and now I finally have a job! And its a good one! I start on Monday, and the ladies I met that I'll be working with seem really nice. My job duties sound alright too, a nice variety of doing admin stuff, planning and organizing artistic camp activities, entertaining children, etc. Joy!

After the interview they let me take a tour of some of their current exhibitions, and they have a cool one called "On the Edge of Your Seat: Italian Chairs from the Collection of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts". Some of the chairs that I liked were...


Veryround by Louise Campbell (Danish), which consists of 160 circles. I really liked this one, it looked really delicate and beautiful in person, but apparently it is very strong. I'm definitely going to look into Louise's works some more.


Alessandro Mendini's Proust Chair. I remember seeing this one awhile ago, its fun in person.


and of course, Philip Starck's Ghost Chair

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails