Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pooped already

Second week of school. I'm now a commuter, and I'm ok with it. I've only done the commute 3 days now, but it has been fine thus far. 

I'm currently exhausted because...

a) We've been moving stuff into apartment 1, which includes all of my stuff that was in storage. And also includes going up and down and up and down stairs, slowly emptying apartment 2. 
b) Drove back and forth between Hamilton, Thornhill, and Oakville all weekend borrowing Erick's van and moving stuff, and returning the van, etc etc.
c) Spent free time on weekend painting the kitchen cabinets.
d) Today was a long day, which began at 6am when I woke up, and went until 9pm when I got home. Gord Peteran, a famous Canadian furniture designer/sculptor gave a lecture at U of T this evening, so after class most of us furniture students carpooled downtown to see him talk. It was quite interesting. Then I took the Go bus home since I needed to go to Union station anyways to get my GO transit student card.

I was planning on going to the gym, but that's not going to happen. Erick just went to hockey, so I'm going to go downstairs and continue putting things away. I am having zero regrets about moving down there, it is WAY bigger, and the more of our stuff we move down there, the better it is looking. YAY!

Some of Gord Peteran's work:


Electric Chair


A Table Made of Wood

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails