Saturday, March 6, 2010

WWOOFing.















Umm, so I have a new obsession. Its called WWOOFing. WWOOF stands for World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. The idea is that you volunteer your time and labour in exchange for room and board. You help them sow seeds, harvest, weed, milk goats, package foods, water plants, (all depending on what kind of farm they run) and they provide you with the experience of helping run an organic farm. It sounds AMAZING!

I'm always questioning what it is I'm doing with my life, and lately I've really liked the idea of having a small organic farm. I don't know if this is just a fleeting thing or what, but this WWOOFing business sounds awesome. Since Erick and I are going to be traveling in Europe (mostly France) in June, I think its a great opportunity to work on an organic farm in France for a week or two. I'm so excited about this idea. I found this one blog, Bagues et Baguettes where a couple spent most of their summer doing this in France, it looks like an amazing experience.

(photo from Bagues et Baguettes)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails