Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the news!!



I was going to hold off on this post for another day or two, but I just can't. I'm too excited to tell EVERYONE. Here's the news: WE'RE ENGAGED!!! Bwahahaha! I'm so excited. In case you don't already know, Erick and I have been together since grade 11. Specifically 7 years, 10 months, and 22 days. I've always known that I wanted to be with him forever. We were never in any rush, but yeah, I suppose it was due time for this to happen.

We rented a car for the day, and drove to the forests outside of Portland to explore and go for a hike. A hike up a VERY tall mountain, forest thing along the Columbia Gorge. i.e. non-stop up hill for an hour and a half. I complained a bit (it's my job), but Erick said we had to keep going!! So we hiked and hiked, and stopped for snack breaks/beautiful view breaks along the way. We got to the top and the wind was whipping and the views were SPECTACULAR. Then it happened, and now we're engaged!! It was a total surprise, which is good because Erick isn't usually very successful at surprising me. Oh, and I love the ring (pictures later).

SO YEAH! NEWS! ENGAGED! WHOOP!

Oh, and Erick also secretly booked an amazing room at the Ace Hotel and we had the most delicious dinner (brought up to our room) from their restaurant, Clyde Common. Best. man. ever. Best day ever.

And now we're going to go eat chowder by the coast. Mmm.

2 comments:

hana.k said...

Congratulations!! What great news! What a beautiful place to be proposed at :)

Kate Hunter said...

Thank you hana! It was a wonderful day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails