Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We had pysanka night yesterday at Needlework with the lovely ladies of the the Kosa Kolektiv, and I decided at the last minute that I should bring some cookies. My go to in-a-pinch cookie recipe is Martha's Glazed Lemon Cookie. Fast, easy, and delicious. The winning trio of elements that make a good recipe.

...BUT I had no lemons! Oh what's a girl to do? Well, I had an abundance of delicious grapefruit. Lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit...pretty much all the same, right?

And so I made grapefruit cookies.



Bonus step of making these cookies: eating half a grapefruit since they are huge and you don't need all that juice.

I wasn't sure how they'd turn out, but everyone really liked them! So that was great! Moral of the story: grapefruit is the best.


These are the eggs I decorated. Unfortunately Sookie knocked the vegetable one off my desk and splat onto the floor that very same evening. But I think I'll do some more pysanka-ing tomorrow at Craft Night. Thumbs up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails