Monday, January 11, 2010

So much time, so little motivation!

Erick is in Ottawa. I am alone in our apartment for the next 2 weeks (and then on and off again for another 2 weeks while he travels around for his residency interviews). And after working non-stop since September on school work and then christmas presents, I just don't know what to do with myself! So much time, so many projects I could start, but I'm at a loss. I'm going to try and make myself go to the gym at least 3 times a week, starting tonight. New Years Resolution # 1.

Anyways, I did make these delicious mushroom bean veggie burgers last night for dinner (and had another again this evening) (New Years Resolution #2 - eat less meat/eat more healthy). The recipe is from the Brown Eyed Baker's blog. I made it once before in October when our vegetarian friend Amanda came to visit, and its sooo good. The photo is not mine, I was too hungry to take a picture.


I also saw Kerri's post about her desk, and decided that could be something for me to do. So here's a picture of my desk as it was last night. I was making Erick an anniversary/xmas/birthday/valentines day present. Matryoshka dolls! I think I was inspired by similar ones I saw online somewhere once upon a time. They may have been ninjas. I couldn't find my original source of inspiration anywhere, so I can't really compare them. Anyhoo, they were fun to paint!







Haha, I love this tiny little guy!

2 comments:

Mandie said...

Aw, those are so cute!

Kate Hunter said...

Thanks! They were super fun to make.

Related Posts with Thumbnails