Monday, March 1, 2010

Nomad's land





















































For my textiles investigations class we given an assignment where we had to explore the idea of a personal map via embroidery (hand or machine). I made a hand embroidered map of all the places I've lived with my main routes of travel connecting them all.

Can you see that I've moved a lot in the past 6 years? I'll probably be moving again soon, and hopefully not for a little while after that. Moving is a pain. A week today will determine where we'll be as of July 1st. If Erick does wind up staying in Hamilton for his residency, I still think I'd want to move sometime soon. I really want a yard to garden in. That's the only thing we're really lacking where we're at right now.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails